Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yellow? Bring. It. On.

"There are painters who transform the sun to a
yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their
art and their intelligence, transfer a yellow spot into the sun."
--Pablo Picasso

Yellow has become a very hot color (no sun pun intended), and I am absolutely thrilled with what beautiful things are being produced with yellow as a main color theme! One of our wonderful couples that we are working with in 2009 are using a gray/yellow theme and I can't wait to see their amazing wedding come together. Yellow paired with gray, platinum, black and a pop of green or pink and you've got an amazing palette with unlimited possibilities!

In doing some research for that couple, I came up with some interesting thoughts about the color yellow. Take a peek:

  • They say that yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness.
  • Lemon was the original scent of the yellow colored "Magic Scent Crayons" from Binney & Smith, Inc. introduced in 1994 with mostly food scents. There were numerous reports that children were eating the food-scented crayons, so the food scents were retired and replaced with non-food scents. The scent for the color yellow became "daffodil".
  • Lance Armstrong has a deep fondness for yellow. In his words, "Yellow wakes me up in the morning. Yellow gets me on the bike every day. Yellow has taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. Yellow makes me suffer. Yellow is the reason I'm here."
We'll keep you posted on this upcoming event! It's sure to be spectacular.


No comments:

ShareThis