Friday, October 30, 2009

Thoughts on Grace....



As the Holiday Season begins, I'm always reminded of the countless Blessings that I have received in my life - many more undeserved than deserved. Remembering those Blessings is a great way to keep my priorities in order as the hustle and bustle begins. What is your definition of Grace? I like this one.


GRACE

When a person works an eight-hour day and receives a fair day's pay for his time, that is a wage.


When a person competes with an opponent and receives a trophy for his performance, that is a prize.


When a person receives appropriate recognition for his long service or high achievements, that is an award.


But when a person is not capable of earning a wage, can win no prize, and deserves no reward - yet receives such a gift anyway - that is a good picture of God's unmerited favor. This is what a Christian means when we talk about the grace of God.


No comments:

ShareThis