Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience
in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

On my walk to the ferry the other day, I came across this random pink ribbon on a pole at the pier. I couldn't help but wonder who took the time to put it there and what their intention behind the random act was. To me it triggered an automatic feeling of immense gratitude that lies deep within me, as I am a breast cancer survivor (almost 5 years now!).

So, I took a quick snapshot of it from my Blackberry and decided to post it on the blog. To all my wonderful female friends, please get your annual mammograms. That's the only reason my cancer was found - and possibly the only reason I'm still walking to tell about it.

And the next time you see a random little reminder - share it with us. It's good juu juu for everyone.

To my bosom buddies everywhere who may be suffering from this challenging disease...as Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up."


No comments:

ShareThis