Friday, February 20, 2009

Our TGIF idea for the week: Get a load of this site!


Rumor has it that Seattle is not the friendliest town to get to know people in. Lots of folks relocate here for it's beauty, to meet Good Taste Events (there I go again), for high tech jobs, or for a variety of interesting reasons. Many of those new to Seattle have have told me that not-so-flattering tid bit about our Emerald city again and again.

Well, lo and behold, I just came across what I feel is an absolute GENIUS idea - "Friendly Favor". Developed by president Scott Larson, "Seattle-based FriendlyFavor has launched the company and a new site recently. It is focused on helping people manage favors and requests from friends. According to the company, its new site is designed to complement social networks such as Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn, and allows users to get referrals, recommendations, advice, favors, and advice from their friends.

Among features of the site are the ability to track favors; send gift cards to people as thank you's; enable bartering of services; and make charitable donations for friends. FriendlyFavor said it is funded by individual investors from Amazon.com, Microsoft, Google and others."

I always say that Kindness can change the world.

Bravo, Friendly Favors! I may have a new BFF to add to my list.

No comments:

ShareThis